Below are a list of tools that all SCOM (System Center Operations Manager) Admins should have:
3rd Party Tools
- Override Explorer - List all overrides in SCOM
- Proxy Settings - Shows all servers and their ‘Act as Proxy Agent’ setting.
- MP2XMLDumper - Shows what a Management Pack exported to XML looks like.
- Proxycfg - Clive Eastwood (MSFT) has writen a neat command line utility to configure/view agent proxying.
- AgentMM - Clive Eastwood (MSFT) has writen this command line tool to place OpsMgr agents into Maintenance mode
- Sample Vista Gadget - A Vista Gadget that enables you to view the active alerts and health states for a specified set of objects from a computer running Windows Vista.
- Operations Manager Inventory - A command-line utility that captures the configuration of your Operations Manager 2007 Management Servers and stores it in a .cab file that can be sent to Microsoft support to assist in problem analysis.
- Operations Manager Cleanup Tool - A command-line utility that enables you to remove any or all of the components of Operations Manager from a local computer in cases where the normal method of uninstallation has failed.
- AEM Validation - A command line utility that will allow you to perform end-to-end validation of Agent-less Exception Monitoring to verify that AEM is properly configured and operational.
- AEM Management Pack - A Management Pack that enables you to identify generic errors sent by Windows Error Reporting (WER) clients to Management Servers that are AEM-enabled. Without this mapping function these errors appear in Operations Manager as “unknown application” and “unknown version”.
- Active Directory Integration Sample Script - A sample script that enables you to extract a list of computer names from your custom SQL Server database and add them to an Active Directory security group. The security group can then be referenced in the Agent Assignment and Failover Wizard to automate agent assignments to Management Servers.
- Effective Configuration Viewer - A tool that displays the set of rules and monitors that are running on a computer, distributed application, or any other managed entity after any configured overrides have been applied.
- Action Account Tool - A PowerShell script that allows you to set the action account on groups of computers.